Saturday, October 16, 2004

Marching Band

I have recurring dreams sometimes about being given another chance at an activity that I participated in when I was younger that I am now too old to do. For instance, I have dreams about being on the swim team again. I always am determined to do a better job than I did the first time around. I always feel more responsible and like I now have a better work ethic.

I had a dream last night about being in the high school marching band again. I was playing the tuba, and I was running around at the beginning of a competition looking for a neck and mouthpiece for my tuba. I eventually was able to borrow one from another school, promising that I would bring it back. When I got on the field, though, I remembered that I didn't know the marching drill (I didn't know where to go or what shape the band was supposed to be making) and I didn't know the music. Also, the other tuba player was gone, so it was up to me. At one point in the show, I realized that it was a follow the leader drill and I was the leader! I just started making a curvy line and everybody followed me. At the end of the show, I was trying to help the percussionists pack up and everything, and I suddenly realized that I had forgotten to take the neck and mouthpiece back to the other school. I felt so terrible because I knew that meant that one of their tuba players wasn't going to be able to play during their show.

The dream went on and on and it spawned another dream about a high school girl that was trying to get revenge on another girl. Everybody in the dream was a stranger. I just remember that the girl got revenge on the other girl by turning the girl's parents against each other. It was pretty bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home