Sunday, November 21, 2004

Cosmic Dream

I dreamed that a child that had just come home from a charter or religious school of some sort told me and some other adults that she had learned at school that there was a group of asteroids that was going to pass between Mercury and Venus (which for some reason in my dream Venus was instead called "June"), and by the time "June" rose in our sky the next day, it would have acquired a new moon. The other asteroids would simply go away.

I then began to worry that June/Venus having another moon would affect the gravitational pull between Earth and June/Venus would pull Earth a little closer to the sun and that the temperature of our planet would rise some (I didn't know how much). I was also afraid that the gravitational equilibrium between Earth and our own moon would be altered, and the ocean tides might be affected or we might loose our moon all together or the moon might coming crashing into Earth.

So we waited that evening, watching the news to see if June/Venus might have actually picked up another moon. While we were waiting, my cat wanted to go outside, so I let her. We then learned on the television that June/Venus had not picked up another moon and that everything was going to be fine. My cat then immediately wanted to come back in. I said, "I wonder why she wanted to come back in so quickly." Someone else replied, "Wherever an animal is, God is there, too."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home