Hot Air Balloon
I dreamed that I started a new job at a restaurant, and after only two days of working there, I had made quite a few new friends. The restaurant was in a building that used to be a school, and there were many rooms in the building that weren't being used and that had a bunch of stuff in them. One of the people I was working with was looking around the building, and she found a hot air balloon that was still usable. She asked me if I wanted to go for a ride in the hot air balloon, but I had my doubts about the safety of the ride considering neither one of us had ever been in a hot air balloon, much less ever piloted one. She was sure that it was fine, and that hot air balloons were so easy to work that anybody could do it. She even showed me instructions that she found with the balloon.
So we planned to meet out front of the building after work to start our ride. It was night outside, and there were lots of trees in the front of the building, and I started worrying about getting caught in a tree. I then thought about how dire the consequences would be if the balloon fell out of the sky. She reminded me that it was easy, and that if we got caught in a tree, we could just climb down. As we started floating up, the wind was really strong, and we almost got caught in some trees, but we managed to avoid them. We were then far above the trees and out of danger. Then I thought about the fact that we didn't know how to land in the spot of our choosing, and I was afraid we would end up many miles from the town where we lived. Somehow it all worked, though, and we landed in the right place.
I started asked people about how far you could travel from the D.C. area in a ballon in a couple of hours. Somebody told me New York was possible in two or three hours, and I started thinking how pretty New York would look at night with all of its lights and everything. I also figured we could go to North Carolina.
The next day, my co-worker invited two more people to go on a ride in the hot air balloon. The rest of the dream is fuzzy, and I only remember doing things to prepare for another trip, and it involved running around the neighborhood and going to friend's houses looking for things. All the while, we were trying to keep the balloon a secret from our other co-workers because the basket could only hold four, and we didn't want to make anybody jealous that they didn't get invited to go for a ride in the hot air balloon.
So we planned to meet out front of the building after work to start our ride. It was night outside, and there were lots of trees in the front of the building, and I started worrying about getting caught in a tree. I then thought about how dire the consequences would be if the balloon fell out of the sky. She reminded me that it was easy, and that if we got caught in a tree, we could just climb down. As we started floating up, the wind was really strong, and we almost got caught in some trees, but we managed to avoid them. We were then far above the trees and out of danger. Then I thought about the fact that we didn't know how to land in the spot of our choosing, and I was afraid we would end up many miles from the town where we lived. Somehow it all worked, though, and we landed in the right place.
I started asked people about how far you could travel from the D.C. area in a ballon in a couple of hours. Somebody told me New York was possible in two or three hours, and I started thinking how pretty New York would look at night with all of its lights and everything. I also figured we could go to North Carolina.
The next day, my co-worker invited two more people to go on a ride in the hot air balloon. The rest of the dream is fuzzy, and I only remember doing things to prepare for another trip, and it involved running around the neighborhood and going to friend's houses looking for things. All the while, we were trying to keep the balloon a secret from our other co-workers because the basket could only hold four, and we didn't want to make anybody jealous that they didn't get invited to go for a ride in the hot air balloon.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home